Group Income Protection – Sick Pay
A sudden loss of income due to injury or illness can be devastating for an employee and their family.
Group Income Protection provides up to 80% of an employee’s salary if they are unable to work due to illness or injury for a prolonged period (usually six months). This effectively extends an employee’s Sick Pay, providing long-term financial security. Sometimes a helping hand can make the biggest difference - which is why Group Income Protection is one of the most important insurance options your clients should have.
What AIG’s Group Income Protection scheme offers
- Available for two employees or more, with no maximum
- Up to 80% of salary available
- 8, 13, 26, 28, 41 or 52-week deferred periods
- Limited payment periods of 2, 3, 4 or 5 years - or benefits paid to cover cease age
- Flexible benefits available
- Lump sum payments available with limited term
- Cover available up to age 70
- Pension scheme contributions and NICs can be covered
- Benefits can be paid direct
- Automatic acceptance limit for schemes with five employees or more
- Premium rates are guaranteed for two years
- Premiums calculated accurately, with no averaging
Support Matters®, included for all Sick Pay policyholders, is a completely confidential employee assistance programme provided by Workplace Options.
It’s designed to provide an engaging, useful, everyday support for employees and managers.
Support Matters can help your client and their employees with:
- Up to four sessions of clinical counselling
- Everyday work-life enquires
- Help with dependent care
- Legal information and support
- Financial support
- Debt management counselling
- Career coaching
All of these services can be easily accessed online. But if your client needs someone to talk to, there are other ways of contacting Support Matters, such as:
- Telephone - 24 hours a day, all year round
- LiveChat via the Support Matters® website
Vocational Rehabilitation services
At AIG, we provide more than just financial security.
We understand that support, advice, guidance and treatment are invaluable when suffering from an illness or injury and the sooner we can help, the better.
That’s why we’ve partnered with Proclaim Claim - one of the UK’s leading rehabilitation specialists - to offer a tailored programme for all Sick Pay policyholders.
They help employees return to full health and get back to work as soon as possible.
Literature and support materials
Sick Pay - Product summary
An overview of the key features of our Sick Pay product.
Sick Pay - Technical guide
An overview of the Sick Pay policy. Policy aims, how it works, what is covered and premiums charged.
Sick Pay - Terms and conditions
This explains how the cover works and the terms and conditions for Income Protection Sick Pay.
An overview of the vocational rehabilitation service included in our group income protection insurance.
Vocational rehabilitation provides support, guidance and treatments to help an absent employee return to work...
Tracey Clarke reveals the cruelty of hindsight
Tracey writes about adjusting to her new life and the importance of income protection...