Group Income Protection – Sick Pay
A sudden loss of income due to injury or illness can be devastating for an employee and their family.
Group Income Protection provides up to 80% of an employee’s salary if they are unable to work due to illness or injury for a prolonged period (usually six months). This effectively extends an employee’s Sick Pay, providing long-term financial security. Sometimes a helping hand can make the biggest difference - which is why Group Income Protection is one of the most important insurance options your clients should have.
What AIG’s Group Income Protection scheme offers
- Available for three employees or more, with no maximum
- Up to 80% of salary available
- 8, 13, 26, 28, 41 or 52-week deferred periods
- Limited payment periods of 2, 3, 4 or 5 years - or benefits paid to cover cease age
- Flexible benefits available
- Lump sum payments available with limited term
- Cover available up to age 70
- Pension scheme contributions and NICs can be covered
- Benefits can be paid direct
- Automatic acceptance limit for schemes with five employees or more
- Premium rates are guaranteed for two years
- Premiums calculated accurately, with no averaging
Vocational Rehabilitation services
At AIG, we provide more than just financial security.
We understand that support, advice, guidance and treatment are invaluable when suffering from an illness or injury and the sooner we can help, the better.
That’s why we’ve partnered with Proclaim Claim - one of the UK’s leading rehabilitation specialists - to offer a tailored programme for all Sick Pay policyholders.
They help employees return to full health and get back to work as soon as possible.
Employee Assistance Programme
We’ve partnered with LifeWorks to provide a complete wellbeing solution to Group Income Protection clients and their employees. It brings together a best-in-class user experience and clinical support to achieve complete mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing, through their worldwide network of over 80,000 dedicated support professionals.
Literature and support materials
Sick Pay - Product summary
An overview of the key features of our Sick Pay product.
Sick Pay - Technical guide
An overview of the Sick Pay policy. Policy aims, how it works, what is covered and premiums charged.
Sick Pay - Terms and conditions
This explains how the cover works and the terms and conditions for Income Protection Sick Pay.
An overview of the vocational rehabilitation service included in our group income protection insurance.
Vocational rehabilitation provides support, guidance and treatments to help an absent employee return to work...
Tracey Clarke reveals the cruelty of hindsight
Tracey writes about adjusting to her new life and the importance of income protection...